Saturday, September 12, 2009

Finds Episode 1 (Thank God)

It’s about time!

Living in a small town has its bonuses…unfortunately getting a lot of good deals on video games isn’t one of them. But when it rains, it pours, and today was most certainly a good day for hunting (and tomorrow will be too).
But first, an anecdote.

There’s this guy I often see out and about garage sailing at the same time I am (I bought a Gameboy Color at a garage sale he had a few weeks back but that’s unimportant). What’s interesting about this guy is that he changes disguises in between the sales he attends. For instance, the first time I saw him today he was wearing a red shirt and jeans, but two garage sales later I saw him again and he was wearing a white shirt and khakis. It’s so strange. To make matters even more hilarious, I spotted him buying a hat today, and then on my way out, he had swapped hats. I even thought I saw him putting on a fake beard…but it turned out to be someone else.



In any event, my only find today was a bag full of games marked for twenty five dollars (I paid twenty). On top there was a copy of Mario 3 (which I already have a copy), and the rest looked like average Playstation games. I paid for them and took the bag back to the car to discover that there was also a Playstation tucked away at the bottom of the bag. Jackpot, just what I wanted! To top it all off, almost all of these games are complete and ALL of the discs are in perfect to near perfect condition.



As for tomorrow comment I made, my last stop this morning was at a garage sale where the woman claimed to have (and this is a direct quote) thousands of video games (Playstation and PS2) but her kids didn’t wake up this morning to pick through them, so I have to go back tomorrow.

One last bit of information. I’m collecting variants now, and today I got a greatest hits edition of Final Fantasy VIII. When I compared it with my black label copy, I found that the discs were different (the ones on top are the greatest hits edition). Are there variants that exist for Final Fantasy VIII other than these? I might post a forum over at Digitpress to see if anyone knows for sure (or has a greatest hits FF 8 that I can compare with).



Until next time,

S.W. “TBW”

2 comments:

  1. Interesting adventure. Great finds as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hah sounds like that guy thinks garage sales are serious business

    ReplyDelete