Thursday, August 27, 2009

Why I Should Win Nintendo World Championship

The wonderful JJGames is holding a contest and the grand prize winner gets a copy of Nintendo World Championship (one of the rarest video games in the world). To enter, all I have to do is write a blog explaining why I should be the one to take home the prize, and here we are.

So instead of sticking with the bare minimum requirements, I’m going to give you 3, count em, 3 reasons why I should win this contest:

1. I only recently started collecting video games, and while I have a good amount of them for a beginner (a couple hundred) not very many of them are “rare” by any stretch of the imagination. What I own I’ve had to either buy new or scrounge through garage sales (and in a desert town in the middle of nowhere, they usually only have vacuum cleaners and bread makers). I don’t know when another oppurtunity like this one is going to be made available (that is, one that doesn’t involve me spending thousands of dollars). And how satisfying would it be to take a thick red pen to one of these rare games on my list right off the bat?

2. I’m not a greedy douche. I’m not collecting to turn a profit; I’m doing it out of admiration for the industry and a deep love for the medium. If I were to win this contest, I wouldn’t turn around and resell it on eBay—I’d keep it and enjoy it for all the years that I collect, and if I ever have kids who enjoy video games, pass it onto them eventually.

3. Lastly, I need this cart because the last time I tried to hold a world championship with just a copy of Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego and Skate or Die, it didn’t turn out so well…


So everyone, cross your fingers for me =) I’ll have an actual video game blog up soon, stay tuned.
~S

2 comments:

  1. Yea man gl, but I honestly do not think those reasons are good enough haha. Make up some sob story or something to try to win it.

    ReplyDelete